Chapelle St Joseph

Chapelle des Pénitents Noirs - Saint Joseph

Historic site and monument, Religious heritage, Chapel in La Ciotat
  • When the Confraternity of Saint Anne moved into the Chapel, the Black Penitents moved in a few metres away.

  • Built quickly in six months, the Chapel retains a beautiful carved walnut door.
    In 1819, what was left of the Confraternity gave way to the Congregation of St Joseph and the Chapel was dedicated to the Saint in June 1821.
    The statue of St Joseph inside the chapel, restored in 1950, is the one that originally stood in the niche above the entrance door.
  • Environment
    • Town location
    • In the historic centre
  • Equipment
    • Parking